Netflix Demon Slayer Season 2 Release Date, Cast, and More
Last year proved to be a stupendous success for new and emerging anime. We have witnessed some of the most amazing creations in the last two years, but none of them compared to the hype that was created by Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. The series dates back to 2019 when it was launched for the very first time, and since then a lot of people are crazy about it. There are 23 volumes of the Netflix Demon Slayer Season 1 available out there and they still clock millions of views every month. However, according to the official and related sources, the makers are done with the Demon Slayer Season 2 and it might get launched soon. If you are among those who love this series and waiting for the second season to release soon, then you can read this post till the end. We have shared everything related to the Netflix De mon Slayer Season 2 we could find out there and we recommend you stay connected with us to get the latest updates related to the Netflix Demon Slayer Season 2.
What Is Demon Slayer Series?
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is a dark fantasy anime and is taken from the manga under the identical name, the brainchild of Koyoharu Gotōge. Since the anime was released, it stirred the anime fans like nothing before it existed, and many say that the anime is even better than reading its manga. Till now, 17 volumes of the manga have been published. The anime’s first season has 26 episodes, and probably a movie is scheduled for some time in the future. In the cold mountains of Japan during the Taishō-era, the innocent protagonist Tanjiro Kamado has a normal family. After his father passed away, Tanjiro has to take care of his family all by himself as he was the sole wage earner. But the anime takes a tragic turn as his family gets killed by demons when Tanjiro was away, with only the blood-covered dead bodies to mourn over upon his return.
But the twist is that Tanjiro’s sister, Nezuko, has become a demon and their fates now intersect each other. Nezuko is pardoned from death after she proves that she is still a human. Now to avenge his family’s death, Tanjiro trains himself as a demon slayer so as to help Nezuko and put an end to all the misery and loss of life the demons cost other families. The first season of Demon Slayer has brought to an end a while ago and has given its fans time to settle and absorb it all in. To say the least, since its debut in 2019, Demon Slayer has had groundbreaking success in the anime world. The manga was very popular in Japan, but its wildly popular anime took its sales to a whole new level. To add to this, the Ufotable studio has officially declared that they will continue the story of Demon Slayer through a movie launch of the “Infinity Train” arc. One more reason you got to join the crowd.
Cast Of Netflix Demon Slayer Season 2
It is well known that a diverse well-made cast of fascinating main characters is the key to any successful media, be it books, TV, or movies. A good cast will deliver the plot and storyline effortlessly to the audience. And Demon Slayer’s cast knows it pretty well, we must say. It’s not possible to go through and get to know each character playing in this anime and not fall in love with at least one. In fact, you might end up loving them all.
First and foremost, the protagonist Tanjiro Kamado is a perfectly nuanced character that depicts the anime’s theme very well, as he is dedicated but also compassionate, and his sister is his strength. Then, we see the impressive Inosuke with a rash attitude and Zenitsu the coward and secret keeper. And this is only the main cast we’re talking about.
• Natsuki Hanae as Tanjiro Kamado
• Akari Kitō as Nezuko Kamado
• Hiro Shimono as Zenitsu Agatsuma
• Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Inosuke Hashibira
• Katsuyuki Konishi as Tengen Uzui
• Miyuki Sawashiro as Daki
• Atsumi Tanezaki as Hinatsuru
• Shizuka Ishigami as Makio
• Nao Toyama as Suma
• Ryōta Ōsaka as Gyutaro
• Satoshi Hino as Kyojuro Rengoku
• Daisuke Hirakawa as Enmu
• Akira Ishida as Akaza
• Junya Enoki as Senjuro Rengoku
• Toshiyuki Morikawa as Kagaya Ubuyashiki
• Rikiya Koyama as Shinjuro Rengoku
• Daisuke Namikawa as Hotaru Haganezuka
• Toshihiko Seki as Muzan Kibutsuji
• Kazuhiko Inoue as Yoriichi Tsugikuni
• Mamoru Miyano as Doma
Why Is Demon Slayer So Popular?
1) A Twist In Conventional Historic Japan: There are many anime fans who like anime revolving around the past historical age of Japan, and Demon Slayer will feel like a moth to a flame. It is set in 18th-century Japan. But Demon Slayer gives this prehistoric environment a supernatural twist to make the storyline gripping and enthralling.
2) Art and Animation: This is the main point why people are loving the anime series more than the manga. And don’t take this the wrong way, the manga has some beautiful illustrations, but the animations and art quality of the series are just from another world. Everything in Demon Slayer is drawn and animated in a way that would make it pretty hard to not notice. Every single fight scene is worth remembering and so invincible that it makes you want to crave for the next one right away.
3) Fight Choreography: The visuals and fight choreography in the Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba anime is nothing short of extraordinary. And the reason why these fight scenes are so enjoyable lies in the process by which they have been choreographed. Every character move is perfect and in tune with the whole scene and others’ movements, plus it gets one step further with all the sword moves being dramatized by being wreathed in water, fire, electricity, etc. If you want to reassure your faith anytime, watch that famous fight scene of Tanjiro and Nezuko against Rui.
4) Character Relationships: I find this such a natural yet rare thing. The characters in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba series bond beautifully and form relationships that overwhelm the fans having a soft heart. This also hints at the concept of world-building, but what the main cast has with each other and how they bind and relate throughout the series is just so admirable. The cutest relationship, as most people will agree, is the relationship founded between Tanjiro Kamado and his sister, Nezuko and it shows the brother-sister bond in a supernaturally unique way.
They have such a strong dynamic and suffer through the same pain of losing their family as prey to demons and Nezuko converting the very thing that killed them. Another great example is the relationship between Tanjiro and his master, Urokodaki. They share and in turn, bond together and enjoy each other’s company all the while training seriously.
5) Hints On Future Character Development: Till now Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba has produced 26 episodes and so had 26 advances to advance their characters, but they are not about to rest. Season 1 has laid the ground for further character development. The main focus will be on Tanjiro as the fans will expect to delve deeper into his character and witness his growth. Also, Zenitsu and Inosuke have some great potential to develop their character arcs. One character that is certain to receive some development is Kyojuro Rengoku, as rumor says he will be playing a dominating role in the upcoming movie on Demon Slayer. So, the next seasons and episodes will aim for future development to be certain, as nobody likes stagnancy.
6) Character Designs: This may be covered in art and animation, the character design of this series is so fantastic that it deserves to be discussed separately. Since anime has the benefit of having coloring and said animation to its own accord, the character design is so vivid and intricate that you can hardly see an uneven flaw. Even the work done on side characters is admirable, making viewers want to thirst for it. Tanjiro, Nezuko, Inosuke, and Zenitsu, the whole main cast is designed to stand out from the crowd, especially with the Hashiras with their aesthetic and beautifully paired designs.
7) Villains and Their Lore: To be a successful series and achieve a great hit, you need a standout hero, and you also need antagonists with their own unique stories and background lore. That’s how you win an audience. Take Star Wars, for instance, it has a vivid world filled with lore and story behind every single thing and every character. And though Demon Slayer runs on a much smaller scale, it has its own type of villains and their lore which further adds to the reasons why it’s so successful. The world of Demon Slayer is filled with demons, and their master Muzan Kibutsuji, along with his loyal army. Although his character background is in the dark but because of so much lore surrounding him, the show gets going pretty well.
What To Expect From Season 2 of Demon Slayer On Netflix?
For those of you who have already watched the Mugen Train film, you can skip the first seven episodes of the series as the upcoming season has the same seven episodes under that name. So, people who have missed the Mugen Train movie can finally be redeemed. Although the “Mugen Train” arc will add some new stories and nuances along with a full episode concentrating primarily on Kyojuro Rengoku (Flame Hashira). Fans will see the focus shift a little to the “flamboyant” Tengen Uzui (Sound Hashira). He will be directing and commanding the squad of heroes through the terror town of Yoshiwara to defeat Daki (Upper Moon Six).
Netflix Demon Slayer 2 Official Trailer On YouTube
Netflix Demon Slayer 2 Release Date
If you wish to initiate your watching from the “Entertainment District” arc, then the December 5th episode would be perfect for you. Moreover, to get fans more excited, a short video or what you can call a really long trailer of the Entertainment District arc is now available on Youtube. You’ll watch Sound Hashira running on Yoshiwara’s rooftops and showing off his polished new blades in the dark. Then we witness Tanjiro fighting Daki with his unique fire emerging through his breath style and Daki getting unaffected by it. In the middle, you can spot others including Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Nezuko supporting and playing their parts.
How To Watch Netflix Demon Slayer Season 2 Online
While the official confirmation is not released related to the availability of the Demon Slayer Season 2 but assuming the availability of the season 1, we can rest assured that the season 2 of Demon Slayer will be available on Netflix, Hulu, Funimation, and Crunchyroll for online streaming. The official release will be made only on Netflix and after a week or so, you might get the episodes on free anime streaming sites. Below we have shared the best anime streaming websites you can use in the United States or outside of it to watch Demon Slayer Season 2 online for free.
Stream Demon Slayer Season 2 In The United States
Stream Demon Slayer Season 2 Outside The United States
So, this is all we had to share about Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and we hope you have found this post useful. We are continuously checking the official sources and the Demon Slayer official handles to share the latest information about Demon Slayer Season 2 on Netflix. You can keep visiting this page if you want to know about its current status of it.
Demon Slayer Season 2 will only be available on Netflix, Hulu and a few more platforms, so don’t fall for any other website that claims to provide a link to stream or download Demon Slayer Season 2. If you have got to know something about the Demon Slayer Season 2 that we might have missed in this post, then do let us know about it so we can include that information too.